Re: Is it all change for Diesel Testing?
User logged in as ukat3715
Well said Jon.
it winds me up that these "re-mappers" delete codes and muck up live data, when it goes wrong trying to diagnose a fault can be such a nightmare.
we had a vectra v6 diesel, clean car, in for a lack of power, customer told us its been dpf deleted and remapped. live data made no sense, no codes stored or could be created unplugging sensors. in the end i recommended a new ecu flashed to latest standard software and a new dpf BEFORE further diagnosis.
saying this to a customer could make a good tech look stupid in untrained eyes
Message Thread | This response ↓|
DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Peter Warman November 26, 2013, 2:22 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Steve Sneap November 26, 2013, 3:50 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Graham Bullock November 26, 2013, 5:24 pm
- Now it's official - It's not legal to remove - Peter Warman December 4, 2013, 5:52 pm
- Re:DPF Removed today - MOT emissions test passed - Peter Warman December 17, 2013, 2:09 pm
- VOSA statement - Richard Bowler February 5, 2014, 2:29 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Ed Kaps February 26, 2014, 10:12 am
- Has it kicked in on the MOT yet? - Peter Warman April 17, 2014, 3:15 pm
- Diesels are bad for you - Peter Warman May 1, 2014, 9:33 am
- DPF Removal at the Garage Owners risk - Peter Warman December 10, 2015, 11:13 am
- Is it all change for Diesel Testing? - Peter Warman April 20, 2016, 8:42 am
« Back to index | View thread »