Motor Codes - What is the point ?
User logged in as UKAT2638
I recently had a customer who went to local Vaux main stealer to get egr valve switched off due to recurring problem .I get a call from him saying he got the car fixed £92 for diag test , they fitted a new valve even though they switched the fecker off they kindly decided to replace his front pads , wiper blades and a bulb then decided to order a £120 exhaust rear silencer .Total cost around £350 exl exhaust and probably excluding vat .Now this dealer in question didn't give the customer the price of the repair , they didn't phone the customer to advise on any other condition/ fault they picked up in their "healthy wallet" check .When customers son phoned and questioned them they (the dealer) said they had done nothing wrong as his dad had signed for authorisation of work to be done ... all customer had signed was the so called health check sheet ( no documentation for authorisation of work).
My point is this dealer is in the motor industry code , they carried out work that hadn't been authorised priced or needed . Customer phoned motor industry code for help and was told " we have no power to do anything to them but we can talk to them to try to achieve an outcome .
Honestly whats the point if you have no power . I would like to hear a response from Chris who is selling this code as a must have? .I don't want sales talk i want a straight out answer : can you take this dealer to task yes or no ?
Sorry techs for the rant but this gets up my nose
Message Thread | This response ↓|
New Motor Industry Code for Garages # - Chris Mason October 22, 2008, 4:11 pm
- Re: new motor industry code for garages - Graham Bullock October 22, 2008, 4:39 pm
- Re: new motor industry code for garages - Dave Harney October 22, 2008, 5:17 pm
- Re: new motor industry code for garages - Peter Warman October 22, 2008, 5:33 pm
- Re: new motor industry code for garages - Chris Mason October 24, 2008, 9:36 am
- Re: new motor industry code for garages - Chris Mason October 25, 2008, 7:47 pm
- Re: new motor industry code for garages - Graham Bullock October 25, 2008, 9:36 pm
- Re: new motor industry code for garages - chris mason October 27, 2008, 9:52 pm
- Re: new motor industry code for garages - Ian Gray January 16, 2009, 3:20 pm
- Poor quality of some Aftermarket parts - Peter Warman January 28, 2009, 1:11 pm
- Re: New Motor Industry Code for Garages # - Mark Mcgrath July 3, 2009, 6:26 pm
« Back to index | View thread »